Teaching Blog Addict

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Small update.. a new idea!

I am expecting my new class for Orientation tomorrow and feeling very excited about meeting the new faces!!

I am working on classroom photos and updates... however, I wanted to share one little addition for this year.


I have always, always struggled in my classroom with a simple logistical problem- name tags! Essential for our Kinders to have as they are learning to write their name. I've tried adhering them to the tables with packing tape - but this becomes a mess when changing seats. I've tried Velcro strips - which of course tempts the students to play with them/pull on them throughout the day. It has always been a struggle to find something that allows for mobility but is durable.

Then (thank you Pinterest!) I found the blog Little Warriors. I saw this photo and thought it was exactly what I needed- Paint stir sticks as name tags!
-

This is my version.

 I hot glued a wooden star (4 for 99 cents at Michaels) to the top of each paint stick - I am thinking they can double as individual Read the Room pointers now!


Then I wrote each student's name in Sharpie and followed the advice from the Little Warriors post and sealed with mod podge for durability.




Stay tuned... I am HOPING it will be a good long-term solution but as stated, I don't have the best track record with name tags! Still searching for the best idea...as I am in so many other areas of teaching! :) An ongoing learning process.

Enjoy the first few weeks in your classrooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment